West Vancouver Football Club COVID-19
West Van FC
is always concerned about the health and safety of our club members, whether it
is our players, staff, or family members.
At a time when health and safety are concerns throughout the world and
our community, it will be important that protocols are in place and followed by
everyone while we are on the fields and at Ambleside Park. There are some fundamental practices that we will
follow that come from our Provincial Health Authorities. Please go over these basic points with your
player prior to returning to the field so that they will be comfortable with
the changes that will take place when they join us for training sessions.
1. Social Distancing: Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C. Provincial Medical
Health Offer, has reiterated the benefits of being outside. WVFC believes resuming soccer activity will
be beneficial to our club members and can be done safely. We ask that members walking to the field keep
a 2-metre distance between themselves and others, and when players enter the
field, we will require the same distancing.
We will have a decrease in the number of participants on the field.
2. Hand Sanitizing at Field Entrance: Each player will be asked to use their own hand
sanitizer as they enter onto the field and when they exit.
3. Players need to bring their own water bottles
and make sure to leave them in their group’s designated area and distanced from
other water bottles.
should refrain from bringing extra kit to training and leave their jackets or
bags spaced from others.
4. All registrations and payments must be done
online and by the deadline. We will not
be able to take drop-in’s or cash/cheque payments at the field.
5. Each player will be required to answer a
COVID-19 health and safety questionnaire before attending each session. This will be an important part in helping us
provide a safe environment for players and coaches while training.
West Van FC
1. Take the temperature of players and coaches
prior to their entering the field.
2. Increase the coach to player ratio in our
3. Create a separate entry and exit for players arriving
and leaving their session to help facilitate safe distancing. Parents, please do not crowd around the gate
areas to pick up your child. We will have
a designated pick up area for each field so that ample space will be available
for children to meet their parent.
4. Ensure that equipment is routinely sterilized
after being used.
5. Create a safe drop-off and pick up routine
6. Players will not be allowed to participate if
they show any signs of being ill. We
expect parents to be responsible about when keeping their child at home is the
right thing to do.